Organisation Data Service
We're responsible for publishing codes that identify organisations and individuals across health and social care.
About the Organisation Data Service
The Organisation Data Service (ODS) is responsible for publishing organisation and practitioner codes, along with related national policies and standards. We're also responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the organisation and person nodes of the Spine Directory Service, the central data repository used within various NHS systems and services.
Our 5 year strategy
In July 2015, HSCIC published 'Information and Technology for Better Care'; a strategy that sets out 5 objectives for the next 5 years. In line with this, we have developed our own strategy and our 5 key objectives are to:
- ensure that our product set is clear, understood and used to maximum effect
- deliver high quality, relevant products utilising the latest technology
- deliver exceptional customer service
- demonstrate good value to the health and social care system
- manage and communicate our performance