1. NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2015/16 financial year, NHS Digital published 294 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better. NHS Digital is the new trading name for the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC). We provide 'Information and Technology for better health and care'. Find out more about our role and remit at www.digital.nhs.uk
2. NICE recommended care processes http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/conditions-and-diseases/diabetes-and-other-endocrinal--nutritional-and-metabolic-conditions/diabetes
3. NICE recommends a treatment target for HbA1c (glucose control): Having a target HbA1c reduces the risk of all diabetic complications. The target for HbA1c for adults and paediatrics is set as <=58 mmol/mol.
4. Blood pressure, serum cholesterol along with checking for early evidence of kidney damage should all be monitored as they identify people at increased risk of complications.
5. Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a potentially life-threatening complication of diabetes caused by a lack of insulin in the body.
6. For media enquires please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Continues on next page without logo banner header...