We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Information relating to the costs2 of providing, maintaining and servicing the NHS estate has been published by NHS Digital today.
The Estates Return Information Collection (ERIC) includes national and local level information from all NHS Trusts in England that delivered secondary care and ambulance services between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019.
Data was received from 227 trusts including 10 ambulance trusts.
The report includes information at trust and site level, including those trusts operating under a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) arrangement.
It includes comparisons with the previous year at national level in key areas such as:
- Financial information
- Buildings – quality, function, area and utilisation of space
- Utilities – energy and water
- Car parking
- Inpatient food, laundry and linen, cleaning and portering services
The scope and content of the ERIC collection are reviewed annually to ensure that the information gathered is necessary for, and relevant to, monitoring efficiencies and the funding of the NHS estate.
Read the full report:
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2018/19 financial year, NHS Digital published 287 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- The collection does not include costs relating to the delivery of primary medical, dental or community care, unless those services are provided by staff based in premises owned or operated by secondary care providers. In this case, an element of those costs will be included, but not separately identified.
- For media enquiries or interview requests, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 303 3888.