An annual report published today brings together information from a variety of sources2 to provide a comprehensive picture of obesity related health issues in England.
Statistics on Obesity, Physical Activity and Diet, England 2017 presents a range of information on obesity, physical activity and diet in a user friendly format.
Published by NHS Digital1, the report contains recently published information as well as additional new analyses on obesity related hospital admissions, which are presented nationally and at local authority level.
It covers topics such as:
- Obesity related hospital admissions for bariatric surgery3
- Prescription items for the treatment of obesity
- Prevalence of overweight and obese adults and children
- Physical activity levels among adults and children
- Diet among adults and children, including trends in purchases; consumption of food and drink; and energy intake
Read the full report at: http://digital.nhs.uk/pubs/sopad17