NHS Digital has today published figures on activity carried out by community pharmacies and appliance contractors1 in England.
The General Pharmaceutical Services in England 2008/09 - 2018/19 report contains information on the services supplied by community pharmacies and contractors during this period2.
Trend data in this publication is published at national level for England3. Statistics for 2018/19 has been published at NHS England regional and subregional level.
Included in the report is information on:
- The number of community pharmacies as at 31 March 2019
- The percentage of community pharmacies owned by independent contractors and multiple contractors4
- The number of prescription items5 dispensed by community pharmacies and appliance contractors6
- The number of community pharmacies that opened and closed during 2018/19
- The number of NHS flu jabs carried out by community pharmacies
- The number of medicines use reviews carried out by community pharmacies