We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
NHS Digital launches engagement opportunity for supplier community
NHS Digital is taking the next step to create a more open, flexible and competitive IT framework for primary care.
A Prior Information Notice has been published to launch market engagement activities for the new Digital Care Services framework.
This new framework will replace the outgoing GP Systems of Choice framework and enable the purchase of systems and services in a more dynamic market.
NHS Digital is seeking to engage with supplier market to transform IT within general practice and unlock wider benefits for the whole care system.
Services provided under the new Digital Care Service Framework will include clinical management solutions to support:
- business continuity in general practice;
- new ways of working in general practice;
- integrated and federated care, and
- cross-organisational working.
The new framework will extend support to providers beyond traditional GP practices to emerging new models of care including; GP federations, primary care networks, community and mental health and integrated care organisations.
“This is a step-change towards ensuring the continued relevance and resilience of primary care IT systems to meet evolving NHS needs,” explained Martin Warden, Director of the Digital Transformation in General Practice programme at NHS Digital, which is delivering this initiative.
“The new framework will improve access to GP data for patients and the NHS, as well as enabling digitised workflows in and between care settings to support better patient care. It will make it simpler to bring new capabilities and suppliers to market; and provide local organisations and other buyers with more choice through an online catalogue service.”
Follow us on Twitter: @NHSDigital
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2017/18 financial year, NHS Digital published 275 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- Any organisations interested in responding to the Prior Information Notice should visit the Bravo Solutions e-tendering portal. Once registered, they will be directed to a Confluence site where all relevant material will be published.
- For media enquiries please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 30 33 888.