Following on from the success of events in previous years, NHS Digital are again hosting a series of roadshows across the country to support researchers using health data. This year we are focusing on what new health data is becoming available, the significant developments in how to access it now and in the future, and giving the opportunity to influence our development plans for 2019/20.
Researchers will also hear more about NHS Digital’s exciting new service developments that will help researchers identify potential participants and follow the healthcare use of those taking part in studies.
With speakers anticipated from the Medical Research Council, Health Data Research UK and NHS Digital, topics will include:
- Datasets – information about flagship datasets available now, but the significant number of new datasets that will become available in 2019.
- Access – NHS Digital is establishing a new model for faster and more streamlined approvals, and details will be provided on its implementation and what it will mean for researchers.
- On-line access and analysis – new services are being established to collect, process and provide access to data from NHS Digital.
- Collaboration – as well as sharing details on existing and planned collaborations, but also seeking new opportunities to work jointly on key initiatives.
- Supporting Clinical Trials – following close working with key stakeholders, updates will be provided on providing new services for Clinical Trials.