Health and Social Care Network
The Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) will provide a reliable, efficient and flexible way for health and care organisations to access and exchange electronic information.
Become an HSCN supplier
The HSCN programme is moving away from traditional long, single supplier contracts in order to create a marketplace of network options for health and social care organisations.
News and events
Browse our news and events page to find:
- dates of upcoming HSCN interactive webinars
- dates and locations of upcoming HSCN roadshows
- the latest HSCN project news and updates
The Benefits of HSCN
The HSCN replaces the current centrally managed N3 national private network. Instead, HSCN offers a standards-based network that will enable multiple suppliers to provide interoperable network services to health and social care organisations.
The HSCN offers a number of benefits over the existing N3 private network, such as:
- a competitive marketplace that encourages innovation, driving down cost and increasing quality
- offering a choice of suppliers and procurement options to suit your needs
- enabling easier connectivity through a simpler 'Connection Agreement'
Read more about migrating from N3 and obtaining HSCN services
Suppliers in the HSCN environment fall into two categories.
HSCN central service suppliers - ICT suppliers seeking to provide services in support of the following capabilities:
- peering network exchange
- Advanced Network Monitoring
- Network Analytics Services
HSCN connectivity suppliers - information for network suppliers seeking to sell HSCN Wide Area Network connectivity services to health and social care organisations.
Engage with HSCN
Find out how best to Engage with HSCN if you're an existing N3 customer, a new customer or a supplier.
General HSCN enquiries - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Media enquiries - contact our Press Office on 0300 303 3888 or email email@example.com
N3 enquiries - Legacy N3 customers can contact the BT helpdesk on 0800 085 0503 (select option 3) for information about existing network services.