Electronic prescription tracker
The electronic prescription tracker allows staff working at prescribing and dispensing sites to check the status of a prescription.
Access the electronic prescription tracker
Download the electronic prescription tracker factsheet [597.14Kb] for user information.
About the electronic prescription tracker
The latest version of the tracker (July 2015) allows users to find out the status of a prescription by:
- entering a prescription ID
- searching by NHS number
- searching by date range
It also includes the following features:
- 'My Site' and 'Show Barcode' features
- nominated dispensers are identified
- applied and pending cancellation requests - to see if cancellations apply to the whole prescription or 1 of the items, along with cancellation reason
- tightened role based access control (RBAC) that controls user access to the application
The Electronic Prescription Tracker doesn't make any clinical or sensitive information available about a patient's prescription. It's designed to be used when there's a legitimate need to verify the status of a prescription.
Information for system suppliers, NHS Area Teams and Clinical Support Units (CSUs)
The tightened RBAC controls may mean that your Registration Authority (RA) sponsor may need to take action to ensure existing users retain access.
All system supplier, Area Team and CSU users who require access to the tool will require users to have one of the following activities included in their user role profile:
- B0278 'Perform Prescription Preparation'
- B0570 'Perform Pharmacy Activities'
- prescribing system supplier organisations - have B0278 added to their user role profile
- dispensing system supplier organisations - have B0570 added to their user role profile
- NHS Area Team or CSU organisations - have B0570 added to their user role profile
No action is needed for users in prescribing and dispensing sites.
Electronic prescription tracker support
If you have any problems with the tracker, please contact your EPS System Supplier.