Digital Child Health
Welcome to Digital Child Health (DCH). Our purpose is to put in place the recommendations set out in Healthy Children: Transforming Child Health Information.
Our vision is to use digital systems to join up the sharing and exchange of children's care information. This will:
- improve access for health and care staff, parents and young people
- make the exchange of events and information quick and secure
- allow the sharing of information across organisational and regional boundaries
- ensure children receive key health interventions to prevent disease and improve health
- promote active participation in care
Our aim is to continue the work started by NHS England. We will bring together people who want to change the way we handle information for children and young people. This will improve their experience of care provided by the NHS and related local authority and education services.
This programme is a collaborative exercise, that will see NHS Digital working alongside:
- parents, carers and children
- health and social care professionals
- NHS England
- Public Health England
We are currently in early phase of design and technical development. We have set up a board for the management of the programme which is represented by health and care partners.
Bookmark this page and check back for news of future events and programme progress.
If you have any questions or comments about the strategy please email the Digital Child Health Team firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information see: https://www.england.nhs.uk/digitaltechnology/info-revolution/digital-primary-care/child-health/