Use this API to access Directory of Services (DoS) information on a wide range of health and care services across England.
You can search for services based on a combination of parameters:
- the patient’s age, sex, and current location
- the patient’s clinical need
- the timeframe in which the patient needs a service
You can also search for services using similar parameters, such as by:
- service type - find matching service type ID, location and optional patient details
- clinical term - find matching symptoms, location and optional patient details
- ODS code - find active services with a matching ODS code
- service ID - find active services with a matching service identifier
This service is widely used in an Urgent and Emergency Care context. For example, NHS 111 use it to find a service in real-time with the capacity to help a patient with given symptoms, within range of a given location, in a given time frame.
You need a valid DoS account to use this API.
Last edited: 19 January 2022 4:30 pm