Breast and Cosmetic Implant Registry - July 2018 to June 2019, Management InformationOther reports and statistics
- Publication Date:
- 17 Oct 2019
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, NHS Trusts, Independent Sector Health Care Providers
- Date Range:
- 01 Jul 2018 to 30 Jun 2019
This is the second publication of data from the Breast and Cosmetic Implant Registry. For the first time, the report includes: high-level case ascertainment; breakdowns of device and mesh by manufacturer; reported instance of anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
The registry is designed to record the details of any individual, who has a breast implant operation for any reason, so that they can be traced in the event of a product recall or other safety concern relating to a specific type of implant. The registry will also allow the identification of possible trends and complications relating to specific implants.
This report is to provide information on the uptake of the registry. It does not provide a comprehensive view of the number of breast implant operations undertaken.
- 340 submitting organisations from England are currently registered to enter data in the registry.
- Since the registry opened in October 2016, data has been entered by 300 English submitting organisations.
- 15,235 patients have been recorded as having at least one operation in the last year, between July 2018 and June 2019.
- Data has been submitted to the registry about 15,570 operations undertaken between July 2018 and June 2019 at 130 NHS and 163 independent sector provider sites.