NHS Outcomes Framework Indicators - August 2017 Release
This is part of NHS Outcomes Framework (NHS OF)Open data, National statistics
- Publication date:
- 24 Aug 2017
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Regions
The NHS Outcomes Framework (NHS OF) is a set of indicators developed by the Department of Health to monitor the health outcomes of adults and children in England. The framework provides an overview of how the NHS is performing. This report provides information about the indicators updated in this release.
The August 2017 release includes new data for the following indicators:
- 2 Health-related quality of life for people with long-term conditions
- 2.1 Proportion of people feeling supported to manage their condition
- 2.2 Employment of people with long-term conditions
- 2.4 Health-related quality of life for carers
- 2.5.i Employment of people with mental illness
- 2.7 Health-related quality of life for people with three or more long-term conditions
- 4b Patient experience of hospital care
- 4.2 Responsiveness to in-patients' personal needs
- 5.2.i Incidence of healthcare associated infection - MRSA
- 5.2.ii Incidence of healthcare associated infection - C.difficile
The following indicators were due to be published in the August release but the source data was not available in time. These have now been published in an additional September release:
- 4a.i Patient experience of GP services
- 4a.iii Patient experience of NHS dental services
- 4.4.i Access to GP services
- 4.4.ii Access to NHS dental services
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent NHS Outcomes Framework publication. A link is provided in the resources section below.
The government's open data policy is about making data easy to find, easy to use and free to access. The data.gov.uk website supports this policy by bringing datasets from government departments and public sector bodies together in one place. You can explore NHS Outcomes Framework indicator data on the data.gov.uk website using the link in the resources section below.