CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - March 2016
This is part of Clinical Commissioning Group Outcomes Indicator Set (CCG OIS)Open data, Official statistics
- Publication date:
- 23 Mar 2016
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
This release includes the publication of the following CCG Outcomes Indicator Set (OIS) indicators for the first time:
- 1.12 People with serious mental illness who have received the complete list of physical checks
- 1.23 Smoking rates in people with serious mental illness
- 2.3 People with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Medical Research Council Dyspnoea Scale greater than or equal to 3 referred to a pulmonary rehabilitation programme
New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.10 One-year survival from all cancers
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 1.21 All-cause mortality - 12 months following a first emergency admission to hospital for heart failure in people aged 16 and over
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 2.11a The percentage of referrals to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) services which indicated a reliable recovery following completion of treatment
- 2.11b The percentage of referrals to IAPT services which indicated a reliable improvement following completion of treatment
- 2.11c The percentage of referrals to IAPT services which indicated a reliable deterioration following completion of treatment
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually require hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions to hospital of children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmission to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.16 Unplanned readmissions to mental health services within 30 days of a mental health inpatient discharge in people aged 17 and over
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in Employment
- 5.1 Patient safety incidents
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. difficile.
This commentary includes:
- Analysis of three new indicators (CCG OIS 1.12, 1.23 and 2.3)
- Information on changes to the Mental Health data sets and Maternity data collections which affect the publication of some CCG OIS indicators in the coming year.
For all relevant updated indicators, the area team breakdown has been removed and an archive file added to the respective landing pages for each data file.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.