CCG Outcomes Indicator Set - June 2018
This is part of Clinical Commissioning Group Outcomes Indicator Set (CCG OIS)Open data, Official statistics
- Publication date:
- 21 Jun 2018
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Country
The indicators aim to provide clear, comparative information for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Health and Wellbeing Boards (HWBs) about the quality of health services commissioned by CCGs and, as far as possible, the associated health outcomes.
A correction was made to indicators on the 28th September 2018 due to errors found in the data.
The errors were due to the numerator and denominator using different CCG configurations and only affected the CCGs subject to boundary changes on 1st April 2017. The CCGs affected were NHS Birmingham South and Central CCG (04X), NHS Morecambe Bay CCG (01K), NHS North Cumbria CCG (01H), NHS Norwich CCG (06W), NHS Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG (05L), and NHS South Norfolk CCG (06Y). The numerator source data for reporting period 2016 implemented the 2017 boundary changes early, whereas the corresponding denominator data was calculated according to the CCG configurations at the time of the reporting period. Indicators have been recalculated so the denominator uses CCG configurations as of the 1st April 2017.
The errors affected the 2016 data for the following indicators: 1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease, 1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease, 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease, 1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer, 1.20 Mortality from breast cancer in females.
No other indicators have been affected.
In addition a secondary suppression issue affecting indicator 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease has been corrected.
Key Facts New data periods have been added for the following existing indicators:
- 1.2 Under 75 mortality from cardiovascular disease
- 1.6 Under 75 mortality from respiratory disease
- 1.7 Under 75 mortality from liver disease
- 1.8 Emergency admissions for alcohol related liver disease
- 1.9 Under 75 mortality from cancer
- 1.17 Record of stage of cancer at diagnosis
- 1.18 Percentage of cancers detected at stage 1 and 2
- 1.19 Record of lung cancer stage at decision to treat
- 1.20 Mortality from breast cancer in females
- 1.22 Hip fracture: incidence
- 1.25 Neonatal mortality and stillbirths
- 1.26 Low birth weight full-term babies
- 2.6 Unplanned hospitalisation for chronic ambulatory care sensitive conditions
- 2.7 Unplanned hospitalisation for asthma, diabetes and epilepsy in under 19s
- 3.1 Emergency admissions for acute conditions that should not usually need hospital admission
- 3.4 Emergency admissions for children with lower respiratory tract infections
- 3.14 Alcohol-specific hospital admissions
- 3.15 Emergency alcohol-specific readmisison to any hospital within 30 days of discharge following an alcohol-specific admission
- 3.17 Percentage of adults in contact with secondary mental health services in employment
The following indicators have been signposted to publications with new data periods:
- 1.14 Maternal smoking at delivery
- 5.3 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- 5.4 Incidence of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) - C. Difficile
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for the above indicators are available from the zip files in the resources section below. Please note that these data files will not be updated when new data for these indicators are released.
The latest Excel and CSV data files, indicator specifications and data quality statements for all indicators are available from the most recent CCG Outcomes Indicator Set. A link is provided in the resources section below.
An interactive data visualisation is published, available via the resource link below.