Access data on population estimates at national and local authority level from 1991 onwards, Strategic Health Authority and Welsh Local Health Boards from 1992 onwards and Clinical Commissioning Groups from 2002 onwards.
Data from 2012-based population projections at national and sub-national level are available on request, but not through the Population Statistics Database Service (PSD).
The database contains data by:
- national level (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland)
- strategic health authority (England)
- local authority, such as region, county and district (England and Wales)
- Clinical Commissioning Group (England)
- Welsh Local Health Boards (Wales)
- single year of age bandings
- quinary age bandings
Much of this data is available in standard tables on the Office for National Statistics website or from the Population, Geography & International Statistics team. However, by applying for direct access to the Population Statistics Database, you can benefit from:
- data by single year of age
- unrounded estimates
- tailored data extracts, specific to your needs - this is done using the PSD querying tool