Quality and Outcomes Framework QOF business rules v37.0
NHS Digital is responsible for producing and maintaining the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) business rules (extract specifications).
- Download the zip file containing the tracked changes showing version of the business rules
- Download the QOF v37 final business rules
- Download the business rules change log QOF v37.0
- Download the read code change log QOF v37.0
- Download the QOF V37.0 expanded cluster list
QOF indicators can change every year, and new measures and indicators are either introduced or retired. The QOF is not about performance management but resourcing and then rewarding good practice. QOF is part of the General Medical Services (GMS) contract for general practices and was introduced on 1 April 2004.
The most recent business rules are available below in PDFs and zip folders. The tracked changes showing zip file folder shows the current version of the business rules with the changes applied from the earlier version visible. Earlier versions (before QOF v28.0) can be found on the Primary Care Commissioning website.