The NDA Core answers five key questions:
- Is everyone with diabetes diagnosed and recorded on a practice diabetes register?
- What percentage of people registered with diabetes received the nine National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) key processes of diabetes care?
- What percentage of people registered with diabetes achieved NICE defined treatment targets for glucose control, blood pressure and blood cholesterol?
- What percentage of people registered with diabetes are offered and attend a structured education course?
- For people with registered diabetes, what are the rates of acute and long-term complications (disease outcomes)?
Specialist services have lead responsibility for the core management of Type 1 diabetes, including transition from paediatrics and diabetes technology, Through participation in the audit, services are able to benchmark their performance, identify where they are performing well, and improve the quality of treatment and care they provide. Our reports can be found on the National Diabetes Audit collection page.