1. Will you or your colleagues need access to the new practice or PCN’s staff records in the NWRS? If yes, contact NHS Digital enquiries and ask them to give you access. You will need to send an email which includes the following information for each person
- first name and last name
- email address (a personal NHS or healthcare service email address and not a generic mailbox or Hotmail, or gmail email)
- ODS codes for the organisations you need access to (GP and/or PCN)
- confirmation that either your practice manager or a practice partner approves the request. This can simply be an email confirmation in an attachment
2. Clear the staff table of the practice or PCN that will no longer exist by using one of these 3 actions for each staff record
for people that will be moving to the new, or a different practice or PCN - transfer the staff records using the transfer feature. Please be aware that the transfer is instant.
for anyone who isn’t going to another practice or PCN - process them as a leaver by finding the ‘Are they still working here?’ question and change your answer from ‘Yes’ to ‘No’. Then provide answers to the three questions; when they left, their reason for leaving and what they did next.
to clear any duplicate records or records previously entered in error use the delete feature
3. Do not do anything with the Locums or PCN Contracted Services records, unfortunately these can’t yet be transferred or deleted.
4. Once the staff table has been cleared, contact NHS Digital enquiries and ask them to remove access for any registered users for the practice or PCN that no longer exists.