How our support model works
This is important to help your organisation identify issues and understand the risks and vulnerabilities.
This service fixes the issues identified in your assessment, focusing on your existing technology and systems.
We’ve created a risk framework to help your NHS organisation identify cyber-specific security risks and to align those risks to your corporate risk register.
This support service helps to integrate good cyber security practice into local policies, processes and culture.
To ensure your board is also equipped, we offer GCHQ-certified board training, exploring the leadership challenge for decision makers in cyber and data security.
Find out more by watching this video:
View a transcript of this video
At NHS Digital’s Data Security Centre, we support health and care organisations to meet their cyber security responsibilities so they can help to keep patients safe.
To help your organisation improve its response and resilience to cyber security incidents, we’ve developed the cyber security model, a free service tailored to your organisation’s needs and priorities.
The cyber security support model is made up of:
- onsite assessment, which helps your organisation identify issues and gives initial guidance on overcoming area of high risk and exposing vulnerabilities
- technical remediation, which fixes the issues identified in your assessment, focusing on existing technology and systems
- unified cyber risk framework, which embeds security into existing your organisation risk reporting
- cyber operational readiness support, which helps to integrate good cyber security practice into local policies, practices and culture
To ensure your board is also equipped, we offer GCHQ certified board level training, exploring the leadership challenge for key decision makers in cyber and data security. This training underpins our cyber security support model and enables your organisation to move to its phases as needed.
By using our services, you will be able to achieve, or work towards, the following accreditations and requirements:
- the mandatory Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation
- the Data Security and Protection Toolkit standard
- the Network and Information Systems directive
- the cyber security element of the well-led section of CQC inspections
You can drive best-practice to enable secure digital transformation.
The nature of cyber security is ever changing, so we offer ongoing support and reassessment to help your organisation be cyber secure.
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website.
Benefits of using our services
Our support model services will help you work towards achieving several cyber security accreditations and requirements.
These are the:
- mandatory Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation
- Data Security and Protection Toolkit standard
- Network and Information Systems directive
- cyber security sections of CQC inspections
The nature of cyber security is ever-changing, so we also offer ongoing support and reassessments to help your organisation stay cyber secure.