The NHS Shielded Patient List is provided to CCGs on a weekly basis. CCGs can use the information for
- integrated work with local authorities
- providing support to the national volunteer programmes, for example, delivering food parcels
- sharing data between primary and secondary care where instructed to do so by GP practices and/or trusts
- risk stratification. The national data opt out is applied to the data used for risk stratification
- operational planning to predict likely demand on primary, community and acute service for vulnerable patients. This purpose will be carried out on pseudonymised data only with the national data opt out applied.
CCGs are unable to add or deduct patients from the Shielded Patient List.