We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Apply for an Entrust virtual smartcard
This form allows NHS organisations to apply for Entrust virtual smartcards. It is designed to gather enough information to make sure that taxpayers' money is being spent effectively.
You should only apply for Entrust virtual smartcards to use as part of a response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Before you start
Terms and conditions
By applying, you undertake that you will use the services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- you will provide NHS Digital with all reasonable co-operation for the services to be provided
- you acknowledge that this is a new product launched in a controlled manner and, therefore, may experience some teething issues
- where issues are identified you will provide all reasonable cooperation to understand and resolve the issues
- if you learn about any of the components, processes or methods of operating any infrastructure or software within the services, you will treat this knowledge as the supplier’s confidential information
Information you will need before completing the form
You will be unable to save a partially completed form. If you navigate away from a partially completed form, the information will be lost. We, therefore, recommend you assemble and confirm the following information before you start:
- RA manager agreement to process virtual smartcards
- name of your RA organisation
- ODS code that the RA issuing your virtual smartcard will log in under
- RA manager's email address
- number of smartcards you're applying for
- justification for use of virtual smartcards in support of coronavirus activity
- Spine services to be accessed using virtual smartcards
- local services to be accessed using virtual smartcards
We aim to review every application within 24 hours. If we require more information before making an approval decision we will contact the person named on the form.
Any approved applications will enter the process to be enabled through the Care Identity Service Registration Authority process. RAs will be enabled weekly as follows:
- Monday, midday - deadline for applications each week
- Wednesday night - relevant Registration Authority organisations enabled for virtual smartcards within CIS under request for change (RFC)
- Thursday morning - Registration Authorities can start issuing virtual smartcards to users
We found some errors in the details you provided. Please check below for details.
Complete this form to apply
If you need any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.