Clinical Safety - for better, safer patient care
The Clinical Safety team work in partnership with health services, sharing lessons learnt and limiting repetition, to improve patient safety.
Clinical Risk Management Standards
Discover more about Clinical Risk Management Standards and download the latest requirements and implementation guidance.
Clinical Safety training
Clinical Safety supports the NHS and its suppliers with training in several principles within the context of health IT.
Read more about Clinical Safety training.
Clinical Safety aims
The aims of the Clinical Safety team are to:
- ensure that new information technology within the health service provides the greatest level of patient safety, whilst minimising risk, so that clinicians provide better, safer patient care
- operate a consistent clinical safety management approach across all services and partners
- gain support for activities which develop and nurture a safety culture within the organisation
These aims are achieved by:
- improving the understanding of safety issues among programme and project managers
- supporting the development of national technological solutions to patient safety problems
- supporting safer use of IT
Who do we work with?
Clinicians, patients, healthcare managers, NHS Digital, suppliers, charities and voluntary organisations, NHS Trusts, The Department of Health, NHS England, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and the Standardisation committee for Care Information (SCCI).