Children and Young People's Health Services Monthly Statistics, England - July 2017, Experimental statistics
Publication date: 09:30 November 08, 2017
This is a report on NHS-funded Community Services for children and young people aged 18 years or under using data from the new Children and Young People's Health Services (CYPHS) data set reported in England for activity for July 2017.
The CYPHS is a patient-level dataset providing information relating to NHS-funded community services for children and young people aged 18 years or under. These services can include health centres, schools and mental health trusts. The data collected includes personal and demographic information, diagnoses including long-term conditions and childhood disabilities and care events plus screening activities.
It has been developed as part of the Maternity and Children's Data Set (MCDS) Project to achieve better outcomes of care for children and young people. It provides data that will be used to improve clinical quality and service efficiency, in a way that improves health and reduces inequalities.
These statistics are classified as experimental and should be used with caution. Experimental statistics are new official statistics undergoing evaluation. They are published in order to involve users and stakeholders in their development and as a means to build in quality at an early stage. More information about experimental statistics can be found on the UK Statistics Authority website.
Please note from October 2017, the CYPHS data set is being renamed the Community Services Data Set (CSDS). The CSDS will supersede the CYPHS data set to allow adult community data to be submitted. The CSDS will expand the scope of the existing data set by removing the 0-19 age restriction. The structure and content of the CSDS remains the same as the existing CYPHS data set. Further information about the CSDS is available from https://digital.nhs.uk/Community-Services-Data-Set
This report contains key information based on the submissions that have been made by providers and will focus on data relating to activity that occurred in July 2017.
- 91 providers submitted at least the minimum data for the CYPHS data set.
- There were 178,327 referrals received across all submitters of referral data, relating to 152,714 children and young people.
- There were 692,058 care contacts across all submitters of care contact data, with 407,236 children and young people.
- There were 102,615 health visitor appointments reported by submitters of care activity data. This accounts for 15 per cent of all care activities where an activity code was recorded.
- Across all submitters of immunisation data, 211,030 immunisations for children and young people were reported during July 2017.
- Across all submitters of care contact data, 85 per cent (552,046) of care contacts were attended by the patient and 9 per cent (60,150) were not attended by the patient (Where attendance or non-attendance was recorded). The remaining 5 per cent of care contacts (34,743) were cancelled by the patient or health care provider.
|Date Range:||01 July 2017 to 31 July 2017|
|Geographical granularity:||NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts|