Children and Young People's Health Services Monthly Statistics, England - June 2017, Experimental statistics
Publication date: 09:30 October 11, 2017
2 November 2017: The cyphs-jun17-exp-pa file has been corrected and is shown below as 'v2'. The first version of the file contained unrefreshed pivot tables.
This is a report on NHS-funded Community Services for children and young people aged 18 years or under using data from the new Children and Young People's Health Services (CYPHS) data set reported in England for activity for June 2017.
The CYPHS is a patient-level dataset providing information relating to NHS-funded community services for children and young people aged 18 years or under. These services can include health centres, schools and mental health trusts. The data collected includes personal and demographic information, diagnoses including long-term conditions and childhood disabilities and care events plus screening activities.
It has been developed as part of the Maternity and Children's Data Set (MCDS) Project to achieve better outcomes of care for children and young people. It provides data that will be used to improve clinical quality and service efficiency, in a way that improves health and reduces inequalities.
These statistics are classified as experimental and should be used with caution. Experimental statistics are new official statistics undergoing evaluation. They are published in order to involve users and stakeholders in their development and as a means to build in quality at an early stage. More information about experimental statistics can be found on the UK Statistics Authority website.
This month's statistical release also includes a separate annual report comparing the number of childhood vaccinations recorded in the CYPHS to the number recorded by Public Health England's Cover of Vaccination Evaluated Rapidly (COVER) programme, 2016-17. This comparison is intended to highlight areas for improvement in data coverage and completeness for the CYPHS. It also contains a separate quarterly analysis focusing on 6-8 week breastfeeding status and 24, 27 and 30 month Ages and Stages (ASQ-3) scoring, April - June 2017.
Please note from October 2017, the CYPHS data set is being renamed the Community Services Data Set (CSDS). The CSDS will supersede the CYPHS data set to allow adult community data to be submitted. The CSDS will expand the scope of the existing data set by removing the 0-19 age restriction. The structure and content of the CSDS remains the same as the existing CYPHS data set. Further information about the CSDS is available from https://digital.nhs.uk/Community-Services-Data-Set
This report contains key information based on the submissions that have been made by providers and will focus on data relating to activity that occurred in June 2017.
- 92 providers successfully submitted data for the CYPHS data set.
- There were 170,581 referrals received by reporting organisations, relating to 146,925 children and young people.
- There were 852,371 care contacts with 466,879 children and young people across all submitters.
- There were 103,845 health visitor appointments across all submitters. This accounts for 13 per cent of all care activities where an activity code was recorded.
- Across all submitters, 242,829 immunisations for children and young people occurred during June 2017.
- Across all submitters, 87 per cent (689,695) of care contacts were attended by the patient and 8 per cent (65,087) were not attended by the patient (Where attendance or non-attendance was recorded). The remaining 5 per cent of care contacts (36,861) were cancelled by the patient or health care provider.
|Date Range:||01 June 2017 to 30 June 2017|
|Geographical granularity:||NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts|