Applications are open
What will you do?
At NHS Digital, we collaborate to deliver world-class NHS technology and intelligence. Our summer internships give you a chance to experience a variety of core areas within NHS Digital and to gain valuable work experience to support your future employment.
The internship will cover a range of disciplines, including:
- IT operations
- data services
- platforms and infrastructure
- product development
- cyber security
Find out more about our teams and our organisation structure.
Whilst the Leeds office is still open, we have adopted a hybrid working model, so the amount of times you’ll be required to work in the office will be down to your team’s and your own discretion. Wherever you are, you’ll be doing something that matters.
What are we looking for?
For our summer internships, we're looking for people who are:
- in their penultimate year of study, who are on track for a 2.1 undergraduate degree in any discipline, but they must have some coding and technological capabilities
- flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment
- pragmatic problem solvers who are always curious in their approach to work
- passionate about improving the lives of others through data and technology
- great at working in multi-disciplinary teams
Application processHow to apply
Step 1: apply
Fill in our application form, answer a few questions, and submit your CV.
Step 2: we'll be in touch
If you look like a good fit, we'll get in touch to talk through your interest in the internship, and what skills and experience you can bring.
Step 3: technical test
After we've been in touch, we will invite you to take a technical test, that will assess your technological competency and potential.
Step 4: assessment centre
If you're what we're looking for, we'll invite you to an assessment centre. At the assessment centre, you'll do individual and group tasks, and meet some of the people from our business.