Graduate scheme at NHS Digital
Our two-year graduate scheme is a unique multidisciplinary programme teaming you with experts in the essential digital health skills and knowledge that drive NHS Digital's mission.
What will you do?
The NHS Digital Graduate Scheme is a unique multidisciplinary programme teaming you with experts in the essential digital health skills and knowledge that drives NHS Digital's mission.
Your four six-month rotations could include:
- IT operations
- Data services
- Platforms and infrastructure
- Product development
- Cyber security
Whilst we are working virtually at the moment, the majority of these roles are based in Leeds and there may be an opportunity for you to work in London dependent on your assignment.
What do we offer?
You will join NHS Digital on a two-year fixed-term contract starting at a salary of £24,907 increasing to c. £38,890 upon successful completion of the scheme.
During the scheme, we will work with you to develop and enhance your skills and capabilities, ensuring we bring out the best in you. At NHS Digital, we see our graduates as future leaders and influential specialists.
You will also have access to a range of benefits including:
- annual leave starting at 27 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays
- an excellent contributory pension scheme
- a flexible approach to working
- NHS discount that can be used at a range of retailers and restaurants!
Supporting your development
You will get a blend of specialist learning and development activities covering technical and leadership training, including:
- agile working - for example, professional scrum developer
- cloud technologies - for example, AWS cloud practitioner
- specialist skills - for example, Splunk, cybersecurity
- presenting, writing and verbal communication skills
What you'll get in return
- Defined and clear progression routes, whatever your journey
- Support and mentoring as your career develops
- A varied portfolio of experience delivering with multi-disciplinary agile teams
- A strong early talent community that supports each other as they progress and develop
- A vibrant, connected and collaborative range of diversity and inclusion staff networks that support and promote the interests of all of our staff
- An organisation that, from top to bottom, values diverse talents, experiences and skills and uses these to improve heath care
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are interested in digital, dedicated to professional development and have a passion for making a difference.
- have (or be expecting) a 2:1 undergraduate degree in any discipline, but you must have some coding and technological capabilities
- have a masters or postgraduate degree, but you must have some coding and technological capabilities
- be a pragmatic problem solver, always curious in your approach to your work
- be flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment
- be passionate about improving the lives of others through data and technology
- have the ability to efficiently and effectively work in multidisciplinary teams
Application processHow to apply
Step 1: apply
Fill in our application form, answer a few questions, and submit your CV.
Step 2: we'll be in touch
If you look like a good fit, we'll get in touch to talk through your interest in the scheme, and what skills and experience you can bring.
Step 3: technical test
After we've been in touch, we will invite you to take a technical test, that will assess your technological competency and potential.
Step 4: assessment centre
If you're what we're looking for, we'll invite you to an assessment centre. At the assessment centre, you'll do individual and group tasks, and meet some of the people from our business.