NHS Digital publishes dementia and antipsychotic drug prescription data for first time
15 December 2017
NHS Digital must be quoted as the source of these figures
Regional data available in this report
NHS Digital has published for the first-time data that shows the levels of prescribing antipsychotic drugs to dementia patients.
The data has been published as part of an expansion of the monthly Recorded Dementia Diagnoses report.
The figures include three new counts for patients with a diagnosis of dementia. They are:
- Number of people with a prescription of antipsychotics in the last six weeks
- Number of people with a prescription of antipsychotics in the last six weeks and a diagnosis of psychosis
- Number of people with a prescription of antipsychotics in the last six weeks and without a diagnosis of psychosis
The statistics will contain two months of information and figures have been submitted by 98.8 per cent of GP practices.
The figures will be broken down to CCG, STP, sub-regional, regional and national level.
Read the full report
Follow us on Twitter: @NHSDigital
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2016/17 financial year, NHS Digital published 292 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- For media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 30 33 888.