Annual outpatients activity report published
28 November 2017
NHS Digital must be quoted as the source of these figures
Regional data available in this report
The Hospital Outpatient Activity, 2016/17 report has been published today by NHS Digital.
The figures include the number of outpatient appointments and attendances, as well as appointments where the patient did not attend over the past financial year, broken down by age and gender.
It is also possible to examine the changes in appointments and attendances over time in the statistics.
Other data included in the report are:
- First attendances by source of referral
- Figures on the number of cancelled appointments
- Areas of treatment specialities by attendance type
- Main treatment specialities by age and gender
- Interactive provider level analysis
Read the full report
Follow us on Twitter: @NHSDigital
Notes to editors
1. NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2016/17 financial year, NHS Digital published 292 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
2. For media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 30 33 888.