We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
NHS Digital annual report and accounts 2016 to 2017
Our annual report and accounts for 2016 to 2017 were laid before parliament on 11 July 2017.
This annual report reflects on both the challenges that the organisation has faced and the achievements accomplished over this time including:
- the rollout of a unified free Wi-Fi system across the NHS estate, with comprehensive access expected by April 2019
- the establishment of the new NHS Apps Library to help members of the public find the right digital tools to manage and improve their health
- the transfer of 1.1 million email accounts to the new NHSmail2 programme - the largest single-tenancy email migration in the world
- 100 per cent reliability for messaging on The Spine over the whole year with response times for users 14 times faster, despite traffic increasing by nearly two thirds
- publishing 292 official and national statistical publications and 30 clinical audit reports, including the National Diabetes Audit, the Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey and the new statistics on the health and care of people with learning disabilities
Framework Agreement between the Department of Health and the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC)
The agreement sets out the relationship between the Department of Health and the Health and Social Care Information Centre.