Chart showing age breakdown (employee numbers)
The age band with the highest internal promotion rate was 35 to 44, covering 44% of all promotions - most of the vacancies were across the middle bands.
We also found that:
- the Academy encourages applications from candidates of any age, however most applications came from candidates aged 16 to 24 years (61%)
- the age group 36 to 40 years represented the biggest proportion of employees leaving the organisation, with 15% of the total - the next largest age groups are 31 to 35 year and 41 to 45 years, both with 14%
- the age group 41 to 45 years represented the biggest proportion of employee relations cases, with 19% of the total - the second largest age group was 51 to 55 years, with 16%
- the lowest number of job applications came from people aged 65 years and over - none of these were appointed to NHS Digital
- the age profile of candidates remained fairly consistent through all stages of the recruitment process