The data to be collected under this Notice is that information that is urgently required by the NHS to understand the demands COVID-19 is placing across the health care sector nationally. It is that information that does not already exist or must be collected in a more timely and efficient manner if it is to provide the insight needed to enable the NHS to coordinate resources and services appropriately. The collective data collection is broken down across a number of distinct Situation Reports (SitReps). These reports cover different service settings and provider types but taken as a whole provide the information required by the NHS nationally, at this point in time. The current reports are:
- COVID-19 Daily NHS Provider SitRep
- COVID-19 Daily 111 Staff SitRep
- COVID-19 Daily Patient Discharge SitRep
- COVID-19 Daily NHS Provider MHLDA SitRep
- COVID-19 Weekly Independent Provider SitRep
- COVID-19 Daily Independent Provider MHLDA SitRep
- COVID-19 Weekly NHS Provider SitRep
- COVID-19 Daily Community Discharge SitRep
- COVID-19 Community Health Services SitRep
- COVID-19 NHS Staff Lateral Flow Testing SitRep
- COVID-19 Long COVID Assessment Clinic Activity SitRep.
All SitReps are aggregate flows of activity data. Following collection by NHS Digital, SitReps are provided to NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE/I) for analysis, and then onto the Emergency Preparedness Resilience and Response (EPRR) Unit hosted by NHSE/I.
Update 22 October 2021: this Notice has been updated to remove the COVID-19 Weekly Mobile CT Scanners SitRep which has been retired.
Update: 14 September 2021: this Notice has been updated to remove the CHC Deferred Assessments SitRep which has been retired. In addition, the ISP Daily SitRep has been removed as provision has been made within the ISP Weekly SitRep to submit the daily breakdowns on a weekly basis.
Update: 9 August 2021: changes have been made as follows:
- COVID-19 Weekly Independent Provider SitRep – redesigned to show a breakdown of data per site and Commissioner.
- COVID-19 Daily 111 Staff SitRep – change from daily reporting to weekly reporting with a daily breakdown.
- COVID-19 Daily NHS Provider SitRep – added questions on primary diagnosis.
- COVID-19 Daily Community Discharge SitRep – added more pathway locations.
- COVID-19 Daily Patient Discharge SitRep – added more pathway locations.
Update: 12 January 2021: This Notice has been updated to add new SitReps for Staff Lateral Testing and Long COVID Assessment Clinic Activity. These apply to Acute, Ambulance and Mental Health trusts, and NHS providers of long covid (post-COVID-19) clinic services.
Update: 17 November 2020: This Notice has been updated to add a new SitRep for Community Health Services. This applies to all NHS funded providers of community health services.
Update: 16 September 2020: This Notice has been updated to add a new SitRep for CHC Deferred Assessments. This applies to Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Last edited: 22 October 2021 10:33 am