NHS Business Partners
Providers of NHS services can be independent or non-government organisations, such as charities and volunteer organisations, and other non-profit organisations. If they supply IT systems or technology it's important that they work with existing NHS IT systems.
About the service
The range of NHS providers offering NHS-commissioned services and requiring information management and technology (IM&T) integration has increased significantly.
The NHS Business Partners programme was introduced in response to the growing importance of independent and third sector providers and the need for effective integration with NHS systems and applications.
The programme provides a dedicated contact point for both NHS commissioners, their contracted healthcare providers and their system suppliers. We can:
- provide advice and guidance on integrating with NHS systems and applications, tailored to the needs of commissioners and healthcare providers
- support providers and their system suppliers with achieving system compliance with NHS systems and services
- NHS Business Partners mini-guide [838.99KB] - introductory guidance for independent and third sector NHS-commissioned healthcare providers
- Process for connecting to core national NHS systems [76.33KB] - an illustrative guide to the processes that need to be followed to connect to core national NHS systems
- Building, publishing and managing provider services on the NHS e-referral Service
- Connections to core NHS services