Independent Group Advising on the Release of Data
Independent Group Advising on the Release of Data (IGARD) is an independent group, hosted by NHS Digital, that considers applications for sensitive data made through our Data Access Request Service.
The purpose of IGARD is to improve transparency, accountability, quality and consistency in the release of data by NHS Digital.
The group replaces the Data Access Advisory Group (DAAG), which fulfilled the same purpose, although IGARD incorporates additional members and enhanced governance arrangements.
The establishment of IGARD demonstrates robust, independent scrutiny of NHS Digital data disseminations and provides a voice for stakeholders and members of the public in those decisions.
IGARD consists of:
- Chris Carrigan - Independent Chair
- Joanne Bailey - Member (former DAAG Member)
- James Wilson - Member (former DAAG Member)
- Eve Sariyiannidou - Member (former DAAG Member)
- Jon Fistein - Specialist Member
- Anomika Bedi - Specialist Member
- Nicola Fear - Specialist Member
- Kirsty Irvine - Lay Member
- Sarah Baalham - Lay Member
- Debby Lennard - Lay Member
DAAG formally transitioned to IGARD on 1 February 2017.