How we support diversity and inclusion
As an organisation we value and understand differences in our people and use it to innovate. Our Diversity and Inclusion Workforce Report sets out how we'll deliver this.
Published in July 2016 the report sets objectives for promoting equality of opportunity and tackling discrimination in the workplace. It contains information about our current workforce, highlights key issues and provides information for identifying and tackling inequalities.
Findings from the report show we need to enhance workforce data quality, explore gender difference in senior roles and maintain support for the Positive about Disabled People scheme.
In February 2016 we published our Diversity and Inclusion objectives for 2016-2019.
- We will deliver appropriate learning and development to ensure that all HSCIC staff develop a good level of equality and diversity awareness.
- We will work towards having no difference in the employment outcomes for HSCIC staff or potential recruits because of protected characteristics.
- We will develop best practice in workforce equality and diversity by creating internal and external networks and supporting positive action initiatives.
- Guided by industry best practice, when we communicate with the public and service users, we will seek to deliver clearer, more representative, and more accessible information and guidance.
- We will establish a network of staff who will investigate the ways in which we can ensure that our products, policies and behaviours reflect the communities we serve and do not disadvantage or otherwise negatively impact the public and users of our services.
- As the trusted national provider of high-quality information and data about health and social care, we will improve our focus on protected characteristics in the information that we collect and share. By doing so, we will improve knowledge about the health of, and care experienced by, those with protected characteristics.