Health and Justice Information Services
Health and Justice Information Services provides a total healthcare system for people within the Justice System.
What is the Health and Justice Information Service?
The Health and Justice Information Services (HJIS) is an IT system for the English Health and Justice Service. Patients may be in the justice system in England in the following places:
- young offender institutes
- immigration and removal centres
- secure training centres
- secure children's homes
Benefits of the new HJIS contract are:
- patient records can be transferred between health and Justice organisations
- records can be passed back to community NHS services when leaving the Justice system
- patients can register with a Justice healthcare team as their registered GP for continuity of care
Contact the HJIS
More information about the HJIS
Go the HJIS toolkit.