Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - July 2017, Provisional Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 August 30, 2017
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
· A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
· A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
· A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
· An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
· An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of July 2017 show that:
·2,445 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period.
·There were 110 admissions to hospital.
·There were 135 discharges/transfers from hospital
·In the past 7 months, more patients were discharged than admitted to specialist hospitals. 135 patients left hospital in July 2017, 90 (69 per cent) were discharged back into the community.
·Many patients have been in specialist hospital for a long time. Of those in hospital at the end of July 2017, 62 per cent had a total length of stay of over 2 years.
·At the end of July 2017 just under half of the patients (49 per cent) were in a General security ward.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 31 July 2017|
|Geographical coverage:||England, Wales|