Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - March 2017, Experimental Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 April 27, 2017
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
· A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
· A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
· A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
· An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
· An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of March 2017 show that:
· 2,490 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period.
· There were 125 admissions to hospital.
· There were 185 discharges/transfers from hospital
· In the past 3 months, more patients were discharged than admitted to specialist hospitals. 185 patients left hospital in March 2017, 130 (69 per cent) were discharged back into the community.
· Many patients have been in specialist hospital for a long time. Of those in hospital at the end of March 2017, 62 per cent had a total length of stay of over 2 years.
· At the end of March 2017, just under half of the patients (49 per cent) were in a General security ward.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 31 March 2017|