Children and Young People's Health Services Monthly Statistics, England - October 2016, Experimental statistics
Publication date: 09:30 February 10, 2017
This is a report on NHS-funded Community Services for children and young people aged 18 years or under using data from the new Children and Young People's Health Services (CYPHS) data set reported in England for activity for October 2016.
The CYPHS is a patient-level dataset providing information relating to NHS-funded community services for children and young people aged 18 years or under. These services can include health centres, schools and mental health trusts. The data collected includes personal and demographic information, diagnoses including long-term conditions and childhood disabilities and care events plus screening activities.
It has been developed as part of the Maternity and Children's Data Set (MCDS) Project to achieve better outcomes of care for children and young people. It provides data that will be used to improve clinical quality and service efficiency, in a way that improves health and reduces inequalities.
These statistics are classified as experimental and should be used with caution. Experimental statistics are new official statistics undergoing evaluation. They are published in order to involve users and stakeholders in their development and as a means to build in quality at an early stage. More information about experimental statistics can be found on the UK Statistics Authority website.
This report contains key information based on the submissions that have been made by providers and will focus on data relating to activity that occurred in October 2016.
- 79 providers successfully submitted data for the CYPHS data set.
- There were 172,997 referrals received by reporting organisations, relating to 149,546 children and young people.
- There were 695,644 care contacts with 384,178 children and young people across all submitters.
- There were 89,950 health visitor appointments across all submitters. This accounts for 14 per cent of all care activities where an activity code was recorded.
- Across all submitters, 223,335 immunisations for children and young people occurred during October 2016.
- Across all submitters, 88 per cent (553,999) of care contacts were attended by the patient and 8 per cent (52,115) were not attended by the patient (Where attendance or non-attendance was recorded). The remaining 4 per cent of care contacts (25,898) were cancelled by the patient or health care provider.
|Date Range:||01 October 2016 to 31 October 2016|
|Geographical granularity:||NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts|