Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - December 2016, Experimental Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 January 27, 2017
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
· A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
· A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
· A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
· An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
· An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of December 2016 show that:
· 2,510 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period.
· There were 80 admissions to hospital.
· There were 105 discharges/transfers from hospital
· In each month in 2016, more patients were discharged than admitted to specialist hospitals. 105 patients left hospital in December 2016, 70 (69 per cent) were discharged back into the community.
· Many patients have been in specialist hospital for a long time. Of those in hospital at the end of December 2016, 64 per cent had a total length of stay of over 2 years.
· At the end of December 2016, just under half of the patients (47 per cent) were in a General security ward.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 31 December 2016|