Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - November 2016, Experimental Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 December 21, 2016
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
· A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
· A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
· A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
· An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
· An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of November 2016 show that:
· 2,520 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period.
· There were 110 admissions to hospital.
· There were 150 discharges/transfers from hospital
· In each of the last 6 months, more patients were discharged than admitted to specialist hospitals. 150 patients left hospital in November 2016, 90 (61%) were discharged back into the community.
· Many patients have been in specialist hospital for a long time. Of those in hospital at the end of November 2016, 64% had a total length of stay of over 2 years.
· Approximately 39% of the 2,520 patients in hospital in November 2016 travelled over 50km to get to the specialist hospital.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 30 November 2016|