Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - September 2016, Experimental Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 October 26, 2016
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
· A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
· A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
· A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
· An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
· An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of September 2016 show that:
· 2,565 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period;
· 210 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period;
· 7 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period;
· 2 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer of this collection to NHS Digital.
During September 2016 there were:
· 2,475 patients in care from the previous month;
· 90 admissions to hospital;
· 120 discharges/transfers from hospital;
· 10 patients admitted and discharged / transferred in the period.
· In total there were 105 admissions within September 2016; of these, less than 5 were readmissions within 30 days;
· 20 were readmissions within the year.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 30 September 2016|