Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - August 2016, Experimental Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 September 20, 2016
This statistical release makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England.
The release comprises:
• Report which presents England level analysis of key measures
• A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level
• A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure
• Excel reference data tables showing the data since March 2015 as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated.
• Easy-read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy to understand way
This is the latest release in a series of monthly statistics from a new 'Assuring Transformation' collection by the Health and Social Care Information Centre; these data were previously collected and published by NHS England on a quarterly basis. Data is also released on a quarterly basis and includes sub England geographies and additional measures.
Data collected at the end of August 2016 show that:
• 2,540 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period;
• 211 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period;
• 6 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period;
• 2 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer of this collection to HSCIC.
During August 2016 there were:
• 2,445 patients in care from the previous month;
• 95 admissions to hospital;
• 115 discharges/transfers from hospital;
• 10 patients admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 31 August 2016|