Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - December 2015, Experimental Statistics
Publication date: 09:30 January 21, 2016
This statistical release makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England. The release comprises:
- Report which presents England level analysis of key measures;
- A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level;
- A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure;
- Excel reference data tables showing the data since March 2015 as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated
This is the latest release in a series of monthly statistics from a new 'Assuring Transformation' collection by the Health and Social Care Information Centre; these data were previously collected and published by NHS England on a quarterly basis.
Data is also released on a quarterly basis and includes sub England geographies and additional measures.
Data collected at the end of December 2015 show that:
- 2,595 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period;
- 204 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period;
- 10 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period;
- 5 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer to HSCIC.
During December 2015 there were:
- 2,515 patients in care from the previous month;
- 80 admissions to hospital;
- 105 discharges/transfers from hospital;
- 10 patients admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.
|Date Range:||01 March 2015 to 31 December 2015|